Film making, Cinematography and the Blues Harmonica.

Friday, 2 March 2012

Robert Downey Jr.

Ever since watching episodes of Ally McBeal  (not as embarrassing a statement as you might think) when I was a fair bit younger with my Mum I've always thought of Robert Downey Jr. as the the man. There is something about his presence, charm and just all around coolness that resonates on screen like it only does with a select few. Even watching him during interviews and on the Actors Studio it's all there, en-captivating ones full attention every time he's in shot. I almost feel sorry for the rest of the cast in the upcoming Avengers movie, I have a feeling it might be the Tony Stark show and I kind of hope it will be. My all time favourite Robert Downey Jr. performance is in the perhaps not so well known Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, an excellent film in which RDJ excels, if you haven't seen it just buy it now for cheap from Amazon.com.

Robert Downey Jr. in Kiss Kiss Bang  Bang


I love the fact that he puts his own spin on every character he plays no matter the size of film. In my opinion the best parts of the new Iron Man films aren't the high octane action scenes but instead the moments when Tony Stark has screen time.

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark 
  
I for one am very happy to see RDJ's rise in popularity in the last few years especially as the idea of a Mega Film Star has become dated in this more un-financially sound climate. These huge actors from not many years back just don't have the audience pulling power they once did. However through it all RDJ's films top the box office time and time again and I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of him through the next few years to my pleasure. I can not write a post about RDJ without mentioning his excellent pairing with the also very talented Jude Law in the Sherlock Holmes films. Together they just work, Jude's cool and down to earth demeanour in contrast with Robert's erratic and eccentric character is a pleasure to watch every time they share a moment on screen.

Robert Downey and Jude Law in Sherlock Holmes

Here are a few different images of Robert Downey Jr. through out his professional life, he is certainly at the top of the list of people I would like to meet and actors of which I want to watch.

Robert Downey Jr. chilling.


Robert Downey Jr.

Young Robert Downey Jr.

Blonde Robert Downey Jr.


Robert Downey Jr. still in better shape than me!


Robert Downey Jr.


Robert Downey Jr.


It is common knowledge to most Robert Downey fans that in his younger days he was a bit of a bad boy, occasionally on the wrong side of the law. He also had problems with hard drugs, the fact that this hasn't hindered his progression to super star status is a testament to his abilities as an actor.

Robert Downey Jr. mugshot



Robert if you ever read this drop me an email mate and keep it real haha. To everyone else thanks for reading and if you agree or disagree comments are really appreciated, take care of yourselves,
Chris.

   

1 comment:

  1. Watching Ally McBeal is definitely embarrassing baby :) great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...